In this day and age, toxins loom everywhere. They are in the air, drinking water, foods we eat, cleaning products and beauty products.
Toxins damage enzymes which affect all bodily functions. They can lower the body’s capacity to prevent free-radical damage (which accelerates aging); they can displace calcium that is needed for bone health, resulting in weaker bones; they can accumulate in your digestive tract, liver and kidneys and cause your organs to quit working optimally; they can damage the cell membranes which will result in poor messaging to other parts of the body; they also can inhibit or block hormone production; and they can impair your ability to release toxins when needed the most.
Sometimes, our bodies need help detoxifying. A 30-minute Ionic Foot Detox Bath is just what you need!
How does an Ionic Foot Bath Work?
- The current flows into the water from the machine eliciting a 3 step process
- First, the current puts the user into a state of relaxation or parasympathetic state. Detoxification is a parasympathetic process so this is important.
- The current may also help to remind a sluggish system how to operate more efficiently. Chronic Illness can result in confusion in the electrical processes of the body. The current from an ionic foot bath may help with electrical re-organization. We are, after all….electrical beings.
- Secondly, the current from the unit splits the water molecules from H2O, into H+ and OH-. These little positive and negatively charged ions act like billions of tiny magnets attracting oppositely charged toxins from your sweat glands in your feet, and in your hands! (You can put your hands into an ionic foot bath and detox that way too!). This creates the initial draw of toxins from your body and into the water.
- The water will change color as this reaction happens but the color change is not solely from the detox process. Particles, salts & other elements add to the color change.
- This is a source of misperception among ionic foot bath critics who do not fully understand the process or technology.
- Lastly, the effects of the parasympathetic switching and the current flow through your body sets in motion a detoxification process that lasts 3 to 5 five days. What you see in the water is a very minuscule representation of all the detox that occurs with a single session.
- Just think about how much you could cleanse with regular sessions!
- A user may notice that they use the restroom more often up to 5 days after a session.
- They may sweat easier
- They may sleep deeper
- Other signals of detox could include fatigue, digestive changes, headache, irritability etc…this doesn’t sound like very much fun, but it is temporary and a good sign that you are eliminating harmful toxins from your body.
- It is extremely important to stay hydrated before, during and after an ionic foot bath to help your body flush toxins out of your system. Hydration can help to avoid or greatly reduce symptoms of a detox reaction as mentioned above.
- Consider adding some electrolytes to your drinking water to assist with hydration and bioelectrical reactions in your body that aid mobilization of stored toxins within your cells and tissues, and their removal.
- Consider adding antioxidants like Vitamin E to your protocol during ionic foot bath therapy to help protect your tissues from irritation as toxins are mobilized from storage and flow out through the kidneys and digestive tract.
Potential Benefits of an Ionic Foot detox bath:
- Improved lymph circulation (similar to a Swedish massage)
- Lower stress levels
- Improved mood and energy levels
- More balanced pH levels
- Reduced inflammation and swelling in muscles and joints
- Stronger immune system
- Improved quality of sleep and relaxation
- Less headaches and migraine pain
- Clearer and more radiant skin
Ionic foot bath therapy is a fantastic therapy on its own or in conjunction with other wellness therapies. If your body is in a constant state of fight or flight, you may not only have a hard time with elimination, you might also have problems with nutrient absorption and cellular uptake. Bio-electrical processes are necessary to pump toxins out of our cells, just as they are necessary to pump nutrients into cells. Electrical communication is how our cells talk to each other. In chronic illness, these processes can be disturbed. The use of an ionic foot bath may help to restore some of these processes and elevate the health outcomes of your nutritional or wellness endeavors.
Who Should Not Use an Ionic Foot Bath
The Ionic Foot Bath should not be used by individuals with epilepsy, hemophiliacs, or those with a pacemaker, implanted organs, or on blood thinners. It should also not be used by children under the age of 18, or during pregnancy or lactation. There may be other situations in which you should not use an ionic foot bath so if you are unsure, make sure to consult your doctor beforehand to be safe.
Book a session today and start experiencing the benefits of natural detoxification!
The content on this site is not intended as medical advice. Always check with your doctor before starting any type of wellness therapy, health or nutritional protocol especially if you are being treated for or have been diagnosed with a medical condition.